2.14.2011

Day One

Happy Valentines Day!!

My valentines included giving cards to my little boy and to my parents. I gave my little boy a new shirt and Classic Fisher Price Record Player, he loved everything even the card with the dinosaur on it. One thing he didn't know is that I am also giving him a healthier mommy.

The first thing that has to change is my eating habits. I considered many options, the Slim Fast Diet, HCG, various diet pills all of these seemed like short term options. What I really need is to make a permanent healthy change. I used Weight Watchers in the past and had good results, so I decided to it again. I've seen commercials for the new PointsPlus Program and was interested to see what was different.

On the old WW program there were three main components that determined a foods point value: fat, fiber and calories. The new program determines point values based on: protein, carbohydrates, fat and fiber. With PointsPlus most fruits and vegetables are free, meaning they have no point values. On the PointsPlus Program there are certain Power Foods that you should try to incorporate into your diet.

Joining WW includes investing some money to learn about the plan and use Weight Watchers tools. I plan to join for 3 months to learn about the program and then I will fly solo and save the $$money$$.

I am excited to begin my journey!

Here is a peak at my food diary for today:

English Muffin w/ Peanut Butter
2 Slices of Bacon
1-1/2 c Grapes
1/2 c Cauliflower
1/2 c Carrots
3 c Popcorn (no butter) *should have added Olive Oil
Yogurt
1/4 c BBQ Chicken w/ English Muffin
1/2 c Corn
2 pieces of Chocolate
A few BBQ Baked Lays - not a full serving

I didn't use all of my points. I have 30 points to use on a daily basis and 49 to use as extra points throughout the week.

One thing you maybe thinking is that I should be working out, moving and sweating. I have undergone 2 surgeries since December 2010 and I have been on crutches since then. I hope to be off my crutches by March 2011 with the doctors okay.




1 comment:

The Lissst! said...

Specifically Sampan. Ummm.....love it!