Today I saw a segment on a local talk show featuring a personal trainer. There were tips and ideas for healthy snacking. There wasn't anything that was really "new" to me. This got me thinking about all of the different workouts, gyms, diets, etc that are out there. Let's face it anything works as long as you are consistent. Right? This personal trainer said that 80% of weight loss is your diet. For me diet is 100% of my weight loss since I can't really get a good workout in. I need to be carefully considering everything I am eating, like I mentioned earlier I can't sweat it out at the gym later on. I am thankful to have time to get my eating habits right and then get back into my workout. Ffor me too many changes can be overwhelming. This is my time to study and understand what I should be eating to get the pounds off.
I tried this quick and easy recipe for broccoli yesterday and was very pleased with the results, so I thought I would share.
Reagan's Broccoli
by: Reagan Leadbetter
Ingredients:
Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet mixed with the canola oil. Sprinkle kosher salt over broccoli. Put in the oven on "broil" for 4 minutes. Take out and mix it up and put it back in for 3 more minutes.
by: Reagan Leadbetter
Ingredients:
- 3 or 4 bunches of Broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons canola oil *Note I used olive oil and it worked out great!
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh lemon (optional)
Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet mixed with the canola oil. Sprinkle kosher salt over broccoli. Put in the oven on "broil" for 4 minutes. Take out and mix it up and put it back in for 3 more minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment